Deborah J. Elmore, Paralegal
Denver, CO 80202
Twenty-four years experience in providing assistance for every aspect of litigating at the County, State and Federal level and assisting in administrative hearings, arbitrations and mediations.
Extensive experience with complex areas of civil practice, administrative hearings, and criminal defense in U.S. District Court matters from the initial client/witness interviews, draft of initial Complaint and subsequent pleadings, factual/legal issue outlines, discovery and pretrial motion drafting, deposition preparations and assistance at counsel table through trial.
Seventeen years of employment law litigation, investigations, mediations and EEOC charge filings and hearings.
My mediator training has proven valuable in putting a more “objective” view on the facts in an often adversarial entrenched process to achieve settlement.
Conducting investigations at Colorado community colleges from gathering initial documentation, conducting interviews and preparing the report of findings.
Department of Labor – Wage & Hour and OSHA investigations including interviews, documentation compilation and assisting at negotiating all resolutions between the various governmental agencies and employer clients.
Current Employment Position
- University of Denver, Bachelor of Arts, 1984
Major: Pre-Law – Sociology (Law & Deviance)
- Honors: National Honor Society, Dean’s List
- University of Colorado, Denver
Honors and Activities
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association, Past Member
- Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association, Past Member
- National Federation of Paralegal Association, Inc., Past Member
- Douglas County School District, Advisory Committee
- Rock Canyon High School, Advisory Chairperson
- National Association of Female Executives
- Boy Scouts of America, Merit Badge Counselor
- Alpha Kappa Delta (Honorary National Sociological Association)
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Mediator, CDR Associates of Boulder, 1989
- Child Family Investigator, 2008
- Appointed through Criminal Justice Act Program to numerous U.S. District Court Criminal Case Defense Teams
Pro Bono Activities
- Douglas County Youth Mentorship Program
- Colorado Guardian Ad Litem Project, Special Child Advocate, 1981-1984 (Sheri Shink, Rocky Mountain Children’s Legal Services)